This Fontainebleau guide compiles all our favorite addresses in the region, unearthed over the years!
We will be available throughout your stay to respond to your requests and we hope to do our best to translate it into an exceptional experience of this beautiful region that we love so much. Certainly you will also be seduced!
We will enthusiastically share our love of the Gâtinais Regional Park and our knowledge of the forest and its paths, the neighboring villages and castles, as well as good addresses in the region. We hope this guide to Fontainebleau will help you organize your stay.
Visit of the castle of Fontainebleau : www.chateaudefontainebleau.fr
In the forest: visit the Denencourt Tower: Denencourt Tower – Access route
- L’Axel – The gourmet restaurant with one Michelin star. Chef Kunihisa Goto is Japanese but cooks classic French cuisine – 43 rue de France – laxel-restaurant.com/fr
- *Fuumi – Chef Goto offers very beautiful typical Japanese cuisine. The “teppaniaki” are excellent. Always full, book in advance – 39 rue de France – http://restaurant-fuumi.com
- *L’Air du temps – modern brasserie with a terrace. – 32 rue de France Tel. 01 60 74 07 48
- *Bistrot 9 – Friendly, charming and good food – 9, rue de Montebello – Tel. : 01 64 22 87 84
- *Au Bouchon de Bleau – Good bistro – 32, Rue de France – Tel. : 01 64 22 30 99
- The table of the Park – http://www.lademeureduparc.fr/restaurant
- L’Atelier du Goût – traditional French cuisine – 8, Rue des 3 Maillets – https://latelier-du-gout
- Le Caveau Restaurant and Piano bar – 24 rue de Ferrare – https://lecaveau-club.fr
- La petite Ardoise – 16 Rue Montebello – Tel. : 01 64 24 08 66
- La Storia Pizza – the best pizza, only to take away – 40 rue Aristide Briand – Tel: 01 60 96 57 93
- * Glassico – 9 Rue des 3 Maillets
- Gelateria Via Veneto – 15 Rue des 3 Maillet
Bakery and pastry Dardonville – 24 rue de Sablons
A market is held in Fontainebleau (also clothing and handmade goods) on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This charming village of Bourron-Marlotte was a destination in the early 19th century for artists and intellectuals.
- *Le Bistrôt du Broc – a perfect traditional and charming “bistro” with traditional French cuisine – lebistrotdubroc.com
- Le Café de la Paix – A nice and friendly place, with good cuisine and a terrace – 59 Rue du General de Gaulle – restaurant-cafedelapaix.fr
A very beautiful medieval village with an old “food hall” where a food market takes place every Thursday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Visit the 17th century house of the artist and poet Jean Cocteau , with very beautiful gardens, and the Sainte-Blaise-des-Simples chapel, entirely painted by the artist. – www.jeancocteau.net
Another attraction is the Cyclops by Jean Tanguely and Nikki de Saint-Phalle. While walking in the forest near Milly, you can see a very particular rock, called “Roche de L’Élephant”.
The village of the impressionist painter at the end of the 19th century: Corot, Millet and Rousseau, but also the young impressionist generation like Monet, Bazille and Renoir. Visit the Barbizon painter’s museum. Later in the village was also a place for writers like Georges Sand, Apollinaire, Colette e Zola.
- *Le Relais – excellent restaurant – 2, avenue Charles de Gaulle, Tel. : 01 60 66 40 28 – lerelaisdebarbizon.fr
- *L’Angélus – A good place for meat with a nice terrace – 31, Grande Rue – Tel. : 01 60 66 40 30
- L’Atelier La Pléiade – seafood cuisine – 21, Grande Rue – Tel. : 01 60 66 40 25 – hotel-les-pleiades.com
- The Ermitage Saint Antoine – 51 rue Grande, 7763O Barbizon – lermitagesaintantoine.com
A medieval village on the Loing river. The specialty is sugar candies. Our favorite place is a tea house La Maison des Arts at 15 rue Grande Moret-sur-Loing 77250. But the pancakes at La Poterne are also good (with the Loing view)
TOP LEISURE – Canoeing and mountain biking from Grez-sur-Loing to Moret-sur-Loing
Tel. : 01 60 74 08 50 / Port: 06 14 75 53 69 , email: email@example.com
A very small and charming village, well known for its artist residence at the beginning of the 20th century. Note in particular the presence of Swedish impressionists such as Carl Larsson, the American writer Louisa May Alcott and the Scottish writer Robert Louis Stevensson. It also has a small museum created in 1910 by Fernand Sadler.
Very nice place to picnic and swim along the Loing river.
Château Rosa Bonheur 12 rue Rosa Bonheur | Village of Thomery-By, 77810, Fontainebleau, France – www.chateau-rosa-bonheur.fr
Coffee beans – 51 Rue du Closeau, 77760 Achères-la-Forêt – Tel. . : 07 78 13 11 86
Nice and cool place, very informal, with games and music some nights.
LA CHAPELLE LA REINE
BO Ranch Restaurant (closed on Sundays) – Restaurant located in a ranch where we ride horses in the American style (“Reining”), with competitions and events, very pleasant atmosphere and good food. Perfect with children! – 6 route d’Achères 77760 La Chapelle La Reine – tel. : 07 68 81 73 07 – https://bo-ranch.com/bar-restaurant
Maison Sumac – Delicatessen and cellar with excellent products and a “living table” area for lunch or dinner in the form of “tapas”. Very nice. (Wednesday & Thursday: 8.30 a.m. – 7.30 p.m. / Friday & Saturday: 8.30 a.m. – 11.30 p.m. / Sunday: 9.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.) – 42, Pl. de la République, 77920 Samois-sur-Seine – tel.: 01 64 31 19 99 – www. instagram.com/maisonsumac
ARBON THE FOREST
Restaurant Petit Corne Biche – 417, route de la Liberation, 77630 Arbonne-la-Forêt, France
+33 1 60 66 26 34 – http://petit-corne-biche.lafourchette.rest/
Nemours has a 12th century castle – https://www.nemours.fr/chateau-musee/ historique ,
a cycle path along the Loing river, the Malarmé Museum – linked to the poet Stéphane Malarmé – http://www.musee-mallarme.fr/and and the Prehistoric Museum of Île-de-France – http ://www.musee-prehistoire-idf.fr/
CASTLE OF COURANCES (23.6 kms)
A private 17th century castle with a magnificent garden. The park and the “La Foulerie tea house” are only open on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from April 4 to November 1 (except July 4 and 5). The castle is open from April 4 to June 28 and from September 5 to November 1. Check on their website: http://courances.net/en/jours-heures-douvertures/
CASTLE OF VAUX LE VICOMTE (32.5 kms)
An exceptional 17th century private chateau with a strong history that inspired Versailles. It was built by architect Louis Le Vau, painter and interior designer Charles Le Brun and garden designer André Le Nôtre. https://vaux-le-vicomte.com/